Followers

Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

I Embarrassed My Husband AGAIN

I really don't TRY to.

Honestly.

I'm just being myself, after all.

So here's how it went down.

We were at a restaurant and I noticed this couple sitting across from us. The man was bald and when he turned to the side, I noticed he had a tattoo on the back of his head.

At first glance, I wasn't quite sure if I saw the tattoo correctly.

So I continued to stare throughout my meal (not conspicuously, I hope.)

I said to Jim, "I want to take a picture of that man's head."

"What man?"

"Over there. He's got a funny tattoo on the back of his head."

Jim let out a big sigh.

"Would this embarrass you?" I asked.

"Yes. Why do you have to take a picture? Why can't you just look at it and be done with it?"

Uh. Duh. Because I have a BLOG and I want to SHARE this moment with ALL OF YOU!!

So I didn't embarrass Jim, at least right away.

But I thought about the man with the tattoo. It was pretty funny. And I bet he got a lot of comments. So I kept an eye on him, and "coincidentally" *wink* *wink*, we went up to pay our bill at the register at the same time.

The man with the tattoo got in line first, Jim was second.

The man's wife stood aside, I was next to her.

I asked her, "Do you think your husband would mind if I took a picture of his tattoo? I think it is so funny!"

"Of course not! People take photos of it all the time! Don won't mind!"

So here it is:


And here is Don from the front.


Doesn't he look like a fun person? He must have a great personality! I told him that I loved his tattoo and he said, "Thanks! I like it! I figured people will either love it or hate it! I think it's funny!"

And THAT my friends is why it's great to carry a camera at all times!

28 comments:

Chrissy C said...

I love it too - what a great character he looks

Lois Evensen said...

Don looks like a really nice guy! As much as I dislike tattoos in general, that one is really funny!

becky said...

That's pretty funny, Pat. From the front, he doesn't look like the sorta guy that would be inked!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I love it! This is something my husband would do. Ask to take a picture, not get a tattoo. I learned long ago to just go with it and I am really hard to embarrass.

Brian Miller said...

that is awesome...haha...guess if you mow all the time it fits...kinda glad i have a rider now...smiles.

Country Gal said...

Awesome ! He looks like a a really nice guy with quite the character ! Good thing ya had your camera and said yes! See your hubs didnt need to feel embarassed , I hardley think some one would have tattoo like that is they didnt want people to ask and take photos ! Great photos and post. Have a wonderful day !

Ami said...

:)

Love the tattoo. And I know what you mean about embarrassing your hubby, although I have embarrassed mine in other ways. Which I will not talk about here.

SUGAR MOON said...

This is why I love your blog. You come up with some really great stuff. Keep up the good work. When my hubby gets back inside from mowing(really) I am going to show him. Funny, Funny!!

EG CameraGirl said...

He definitely looks like a fun person! I'm glad you were brave enough to take the photo!

B. WHITTINGTON said...

Tell Jim we need the photos on here because this one esp is very funny. Never saw anything like it. Very unique. I thought it was going to be well "erotic" or something.
Thanks for the laugh.
You are a hoot. We'd get along fine.
Men. Why do we embarrass them, anyway?
Blessings, Barb
Enjoy the nice weather there. It's butt cold here in OH.

Lynda said...

He does look like a sweet guy who enjoys his days.
I liked your Thursdays - in a Row. It wouldn't let me comment - - - don't know why - - but toys always bring a smile to me.

Allen said...

That is just great, I know someone that needs that. lol I will suggest it the next time I see him. lol

Gail said...

Nice man...

Kat said...

It doesn't get much better than that!

Valerie said...

I'm glad you shared this, Pat. It's not often we meet someone with such a great sense of humour.

Joann Mannix said...

That is a fabulous tattoo! I've never seen one like that, with so much humor behind it. I love the guy. I guess he figured if he's going to go bald, might as well do it with flare!

Wendy said...

You know... i've seen this photo (or one almost exactly like it) before but i didn't believe it! I thought "surely it's photoshopped!"

But when YOU tell me that YOU met the guy and YOU took the photo?

I'm a True Believer now Pat!
=-)

Unknown said...

What a great tattoo! I embarrass my husband every time I give someone my WWR business card and tell them about my blog! lol

Al Penwasser said...

"Because I have a BLOG and I want to SHARE this moment..."
I do the same thing when I'm out with Mrs. Penwasser.
I love my cell phone's camera!

Donna said...

What a COOOOL Guy Don must be! I Love the tatoo!!
You're SO funny girl!
hughugs

Inger-M said...

Great post!

Donna B. said...

Oh I LOVE his front view! What a great face...you can see the mischief in his eyes...I have seen the back of his head before...someone had put it on the internet on one of those mass emails about different tattoos... so yes, people take pictures of his head a lot!

Good for you following your instant to take the picture because you got to meet such a nice, fun man...and so did Jim!

I'm with you...I am convinced you and I would have so much fun together...

Nancy said...

Funny! Was he a landscaper?

Ebie said...

Giggles aloud! He seems to be a nice man and a good sport! You made my day for this laugh!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Heeeehehe, what a beautiful man with a grand sense of humor.

Thanks for bein' so bold and sharin' it with us.

God bless and have a fantastic day!!!

Carletta said...

What a fun tattoo! That's perfect for a bald head.
The guys eyes are sparkling. I bet he's a fun guy.

Betty Manousos said...

he's a really nice man.

and fun guy, too, i'm sure.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

I can see Don has a great sense of humour, he looks like one happy man.