Followers

Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday's Things in a Row

Traveling on the road this past week I saw many, many things in a row! Most photos were taken from the passenger seat of our truck.

It was a LIT-TLE scary when this semi-truck passed us by with these large bales of hay.


Could you imagine trying to dodge one of those bad boys if they rolled off the truck? And then THIS truck passed us by with even BIGGER bales of hay!

There must be some BIG animals eating that hay!
I spied these designs in the cement sound barrier walls along the highway.



Now THIS is eye pollution! Look at all these billboards (as far as the eye can see) advertising available products at the upcoming exit. Talk about overkill!


At a stop in Gallup, NM, I saw the next four things in a row:

These beautiful Totem Poles



This picture of an Native American Storyteller.


Chili peppers hanging from string.


And this statue of dolphins.



Finally, at a campground in Holbrook, AZ, I saw these petrified rocks all lined up so nicely, just for me!



And so, my little darlings, I have covered 8 states looking for things in a row! We are now settled in Mesa, Arizona for the winter months. What have you found in YOUR neck of the woods?


18 comments:

Ebie said...

Pat, this is a nice road trip. Hahaha, I would never drive next to those 18 wheelers!

I have a soft heart of the totem poles.

SquirrelQueen said...

The first truck wouldn't bother me nearly as much as that second one, that looks a little too full. I really like the Native American Storyteller and the totems.

The Bipolar Diva said...

you made it to AZ! I've been thinking of you!

SquirrelQueen said...

Sorry about the extra link, I got my blogs mixed up. It's been a really long day.

Tina´s PicStory said...

cool! most i like the dolphins :) now i have to see what things in the row i have for you!

Gail said...

Your rows are fantastic! I wouldn't having that great looking hay.

Love your header.

Brian Miller said...

really cool shots this week...i dotn think there would be much dodging if they came off there...the totems are way cool

Unknown said...

I think the totem poles were my favorites. Here in Maine, billboards are not allowed. That was one of the things that surprised me when we traveled out west; there would be a beautiful landscape, marred by a bunch of billboards!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Well how perfect is this?!
My first time contributing and I see several familiar sights from my home state of New Mexico. Those barriers must be in Albuquerque. We live just 25 minutes east of the city in Tijeras. Please consider stopping by for a visit on your next roll through our area of New Mexico.

~Lisa

Lesley said...

Those are some interesting looking totem poles!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Take it from a gal who knows...those big bales would squash ya like a bug!!! The grandkiddos love jumpin' bales here on the Ponderosa.

God bless ya and have a marvelous day sweetie!!!

Valerie said...

Dolphins and Totems, you sure see lots of lovely things on your travels, Pat. All in a row, too.

AiringMyLaundry said...

Nice!

I love the totem poles.

Jeannelle said...

What a variety of rows! The bales look familiar, but I don't think we're missing any! This traveler wannabe really likes the billboard photo.

Leovi said...

Beautiful photos I liked a lot.

Lynda said...

You find beauty in the redundant and sometimes mundane things of life. I LOVE it! Those were definitely some monster hay bales. LOVED the totems. So happy to hear you have arrived at your destination once again.

becky said...

Hey Pat,
glad you made it safely back to Mesa & are getting all settled in! Have a great weekend!

the island guy said...

this makes me smile so much haha :)