Followers

Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Is it hot in here or is it just me?

**************************************************
CAUTION!! SEXUAL CONTENT!! DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU ARE BOTHERED BY PHOTOS OF NUDE STATUES IN SEXUAL POSITIONS!!
**************************************************

So here's what happened. I was fully clothed, wearing jeans, a long sleeved shirt, a fleece vest, socks, shoes, had a blanket wrapped around my legs and the heat cranked up to 73 in the trailer. It probably was in the 40's OUTSIDE, but the trailer just doesn't hold heat if the furnace isn't running.

Anyway, I digress.

I was surfing the net, catching up on the different blogs I follow; not only all of yours, but ones like Post Secret, or Oddities, etc. And I stumbled across this one.

And this is how I decided that JeJu Island (also known as Loveland) in South Korea, is now added to my bucket list of places to see.

JeJu Island became a popular honeymoon destination after the Korean War, due to it's warm climate. At that time, many of the Korean marriages were arranged. So there were many a nervous bride. According to an article in Germany's Der Spiegel magazine, in the late 1980s journalist and travel writer Simon Winchester reported that some hotel employees on the island performed as "professional icebreakers". In the evenings, the hotel would offer an entertainment program featuring erotic elements to help newlyweds relax.Wikipedia


"Loveland", an outdoor sex-themed sculpture park, opened in 2004, and has 140 sculptures representing humans in various sexual positions. The park is the size of two soccer fields. You must be 18 years or older to enter the park; there is a play area for children to stay in while the adults tour the park.

I'll only post some of the milder photos, although the penis statue DID make me laugh.

I like this one, because you can insert yourself right into the sculpture.



Like this!


I think this one is beautiful.


Comical


and
I think love is in the air!
There are funny signs throughout the park like this one:


and this one


You could pose behind a few different cutouts - I thought this one was cute.


Some of the more erotic statues:

Although I think this is kind of funny, too, like, "Look , Ma, no hands!"


I guess size DOES matter! Look at the background, too!
Back gate of the park!
I like that the sculptures are all tastefully done and that there is a sense of humor throughout the park. Also, this island is GORGEOUS. Look at these photos!





Talk about Fantasy Island! In more ways than one! *wink* All that's missing is this guy yelling, "Da Plane, Da Plane!"



So how 'bout it? You with me on this?? Should I book a group tour?

That's all I know is, by the end of this post, my vest was off, the blanket was folded and put away, the furnace was turned down, and I was sitting here naked beside myself! KIDDING! But I was down to just my stocking feet, jeans and shirt! Can you say hot flash?

Hope you enjoyed my little tour and I hope I didn't offend any of my readers. I love art, sculptures, travel, and, uh, sex, and found something that combines them ALL!

10 comments:

Brian Miller said...

see...this is entertaining and educational...so where can i find this park? smiles.

Unknown said...

I agree, the statues are beautiful! No offense taken here, but you probably knew that about me!

Ami said...

I want to pose for a photo with the first one.

Why don't WE have anyplace like this in the US????

Betty Manousos said...

lol

Teresa said...

very nicely done. love the first one, too.

Gail said...

This is far scarier than any snake or spider I have posted!!!

A New England Life said...

Nope, can't say I've ever seen anything like that before. Nope, I really can't . . .

The Bipolar Diva said...

That was a fun post!

IWASNTBLOGGEDYESTERDAY said...

that was a fun post!! no offence here lol, some of the work in those statues!!!amazing

Ebie said...

This post gave me a good laugh. Getting ready to bed! G'night Pat.