Followers

Pages

Sunday, May 16, 2010

An Eggactly Perfect Breakfast

Today we are going to play a guessing game! Do you have any idea what these are?



If you guessed PASTIES for my ta-ta's, you are absolutely wrong!

These little cuties are called "poach pods". They are made of silicone (the latest cooking tool) and are great. We stumbled upon these beauties at the same store where I bought my aebleskiver pan. These are used for poaching eggs. And they work.

Step 1. Lightly oil each pod. (I used Pam spray.)

Step 2. Bring about 1 1/2" of water to boil in a saute pan, reduce to a simmer. Crack an egg into each poach pod,



and float in the water.



Cover pan with a lid and cook in simmering water 4-6 minutes.

Step 3. Use a slotted spoon to remove the poach pods from water.




Looks like I zoomed in on the veins in Jim's hand more than the pods. Sorry about that. The pink arrow is pointing to the slotted spoon lifting the pod.

Step 4. Run a spoon along the edge of the egg.



Step 5. If that doesn't release it, you can flip the pod inside out and that baby just pops out.



Step 6. Breakfast is served. Yum!



Move over, Rachel Ray. I'll be having my OWN cooking show before you know it! Cooking is certainly CHALLENGING in a small kitchen, but it CAN be done!

Poach pods are available at finer kitchen stores and Amazon.com.

16 comments:

becky said...

I'm comin' over for breakfast!

Donna said...

Goodness! I've not Seen these before! Breakfast looks Good!
hughugs

Gail said...

Art in eats!

Snowflake said...

And you forgot to mention that they hardly take up any room...perfect for the RV!!! I'm going to have to see if I can find them in Canada!!!

Anonymous said...

omg...these are brilliant, love them;)

Teresa said...

those are totally cool.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

I would like to have it for breakfast,
Happy Sunday!
Delicious Post!

Nancy said...

I have seen these little babies and though how much I would use them if only my eggs didn't have to be rock hard. Nice demo!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Don't eat eggs much anymore, but poached eggs are my favorite!! Love them on a bed of cooked baby spinach.

Lindy said...

Please pass the Hollandaise sauce! Looks like those babies work really well.

Lynda said...

Great tutorial post with equally excellent pictures.

(Reply from my blog) - - - and you are afraid of water (for rafting) but ride on roads that have cliffs off the side?!!! - - - - and I don't do rafting either but it's because I don't think my back or joints would appreciate it.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Far from the nut cup protector that this Ozarks farm chick was gonna guess! Heeehehehe!

From the happy hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa, ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day!!!

AiringMyLaundry said...

How cool, I think I need those now.

Wendy said...

YUMMY!!!
Now, drive over to my house and show me this IN PERSON!
(Why, yes, i AM still a smart-ass, thank you very much!)
=-)

Betty Manousos said...

I've never seen these before!
Looks like a wonderful breakfast!
B xx

Amanda Brett, Watercolour Artist said...

i love jim's veins!! well done!! super blogsite, thanks for sharing!!